Greetings friends, I have told you on numerous occasions how to deploy Nutanix Community Edition on different platforms such as VMware Fusion, using ISO, using PowerShell to create a cluster of three nodes, and so on.Today I bring you something much simpler, it only takes 5 minutes to have a Single-Cluster using a simple OVF image I've created ready for you to try Community Edition today.
System requirements to deploy Nutanix Community Edition 18.104.22.168 in OVF formatI want to emphasize that this image is based on the latest version of Nutanix Community Edition 22.214.171.124, which was announced a few months ago, and that this OVF is intended only to be deployed nested on vSphere or ESXi, we go with the requirements, the image is consuming the following, but you can edit CPU and RAM:
- Intel CPU, 4 cores minimum, with VT-x support enabled. The image has 8 Cores, 2 processors of 4.
- Memory 16GB minimum. I will recommend something in the order of 24 or 32GB.
- Hot Tier (SSD) One SSD for each minimum Server to install Hypervisor Acropolis, ≥ 16GB
- Hot Tier (SSD) One SSD for each minimum Server, ≥ 200GB per server. We'd better deploy it over SSD.
- Cold Tier (HDD) One SSD for each server minimum, ≥ 500GB per server.