Greetings friends, I told you in 2016 how I found the best homelab, so far, with the fantastic Supermicro Superserver 5028D-TN4T, I made a very complete review with an official discount by Serverfactory:
- The noise is immense, it has three fans that are set at 7000rpm practically during all use, making it unusable if you have it near your desk.
- Being a small format, Supermicro people put a fanless heatsink, which is impossible to lower the temperature without having the fans at 7000rpm which can destroy a marriage, and surely your health if you have it close 24x7.
- Being small format, you can put up to 3 m.2 (one on board and two by PCI-e) and if you hurry a lot of space two SSD in the housing, which is located above the RAM and CPU, imagine how long it will last the SSD withstanding temperatures of 80C.
- If you have this computer in a rack away from people and well ventilated, supports up to 512GB of RAM.
- The equipment occupies very little, and if you buy the accessory can be racked without problem in your rack of confidence.
- Includes 2x10GbE Ethernet, and 2x10GbE SFP, plus another 4x1GbE
- A very powerful, state-of-the-art processor that can handle any load