Greetings friends, today I bring you a very interesting entry on how to monitor the status of your Supermicro equipment, in my homelab I have the brand-new Supermicro Superserver 5028D-TN4TTo do this, we will use PRTG again as our application to monitor, we will also monitor the Supermicro using Supermicro IPMI, finally we will make use of Supermicro. mib for the IPMI.After this tutorial you will be able to have a diagram similar to this one where you can control the temperature of your equipment:
Greetings friends, today I bring you an interesting tool that I have been using for a long time, specifically since I have my Mac. This is draw.io, a web application that allows us to create diagrams of all kinds from our browser, in a convenient way and without having to acquire licenses from Microsoft Visio or similar.After all this time using the web tool, draw.io has announced its desktop clients, which we can download directly from here:
Greetings friends, Microsoft presented during the Microsoft Ignite this year the new Project Honolulu, also gave us access to a Technical Preview that of course we wanted to install.The "Honolulu" project is the culmination of an important customer feedback work, which has directly shaped the direction of the product and investments. With support for hybrid or traditional servers, the "Honolulu" Project provides a quick and easy solution for common IT administrative tasks as well as a lightweight deployment.The Honolulu Project is one of the best products that I have tested by Microsoft, and is that the simplicity of it, the capabilities it has, plus the speed and lightness of the package make it indispensable today, even being a Technical Preview.
What is Project Honolulu?Honolulu is a set of locally deployed, browser-based management tools that enables local management of Windows servers without Azure or cloud dependency. Honolulu provides IT administrators with full control over all aspects of their server infrastructure, and is particularly useful for managing private networks that are not connected to the Internet.Honolulu is the modern evolution of in-box management tools such as Server Manager and MMC. It is complementary to System Center and Operations Management Suite, and is not intended to replace these products and services.
Greetings friends, as I have told you in previous posts, and surely you are seeing in all media, vCenter for Windows will be obsolete in the next version of VMware, which makes us start migrating to vCenter Server Appliance for Linux (VCSA 6.5).The new VCSA 6.5 comes with many enhancements such as HA, Backup, and very basic web monitoring to see CPU and RAM, I leave you some interesting articles:
- VMware: Cómo actualizar de manera sencilla VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6.5 al nuevo 6.5 Update 1 (VCSA 6.5 U1)
- VMware: Cómo resetar la password de root de VCSA 6.5 en 60 segundos
- VMware: Cómo configurar VCSA 6.5 HA, la nueva alta disponibilidad de vCenter Server Appliance
- VMware: Backup de vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) 6.5
- VMware: Restore de vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) 6.5
- VMware: Instalando VCSA 6.0 U1, y vistazo rápido a novedades VAMI y PSC Web Client
Greetings friends, the VMworld has just finished a few weeks ago and has left us many new features, you have all the information in Spanish about the VMworld here.Despite the detailed summaries and news that we can read on the Internet, one of the most interesting things about VMworld is undoubtedly the technical sessions, this year, like other years, William Lam leaves us links to all the sessions of both VMworld:
Quick overview, download and install youtube-dlyoutube-dl is a command line program to download videos from YouTube. com and some other sites. Requires Python interpreter (2.6,2.7 or 3.2+), and is not platform specific.
Greetings friends, I have already told you on my Spanish Blog many times the advantages of using the new, and free, Veeam Agent para Linux, I leave you some of the best entries about it:
- Veeam: Grabación del Webinar Nuevos Agentes Veeam para Linux y Windows, protegiendo tus cargas de trabajo físicas o en Cloud
- Veeam: Instalando Veeam Agent para Linux, Backup gratuito para Servers Linux
- Veeam Agent para Linux ya está disponible y viene en tres formatos diferentes
- Veeam: ¡Novedad! Veeam Agent for Linux, Backups directos a Repositorios de Veeam en 9.5
- Restaurando Servidor completo con Zimbra Collaboration 8.7 sobre Ubuntu 16.04 usando Veeam Agent para Linux
Greetings friends, the first strong post of September, today I bring you a very entertaining post about Veeam Backup and Replication on a Repository based on AWS Storage Gateway, and as it has stayed a little long I want to leave here the menu to move you faster:
- AWS Storage Gateway - quick overview
- Deploying the AWS Storage Gateway Virtual Appliance on vSphere
- Configuring AWS Storage Gateway
- How to create a File Share on Amazon S3
- How to create a Repository on Veeam Backup and Replication
- Backup Copy job - quick overview
- Backup job - quick overview
- How to monitoring with Cloud Watch
AWS Storage Gateway - quick overviewAWS Storage Gateway allows us to consume certain Amazon Web Services resources locally through a virtual appliance that we deploy in our Infrastructure, so our VMs view the resources as if they were local, while the information is replicated in an encrypted and compressed way to the Amazon Cloud.AWS Storage Gateway allows us to create different resources:
- File Share: Which is nothing more or less than an NFS where we can connect computers that will see a traditional network drive and store files there.
- Volumes: Where we can consume by iSCSI, volumes that we can connect to Windows, Linux, etc., and that will be replicated later.
- Tapes: Virtual tape drives with which we can launch backups with Veeam for example, as if a real tape was involved, and thus get a more durable storage such as tapes, but in Cloud.
- Amazon S3, recommended for files or volumes that we use frequently.
- Amazon Glacier, if what we are saving is not accessed frequently.
- Amazon EBS Snapshots.
Hello, everyone, I've been working with the VMware Content Library for quite some time, I've blogged about it here in Spanish. So, I've decided to create my own Zimbra Content Library, one of the first in the entire world, so you can sync it and deploy Zimbra in a really easy way.
Zimbra TemplatesFor the very first version of this project, I've used the latest Zimbra Collaboration 8.7.11 GA, and for the OS I've chosen Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, here are more details about this template:
- vCPU: 4
- vRAM: 8GB
- vDISK1: 50GB / partition and SWAP
- vDISK2: 100GB /opt partition
- SCSI Controller: VMware Paravirtual
- Networking: VMXNET3 - IP 192.168.1.150
- Template compatible with VMware 5.5 and above
- It does include the Open VMware Tools
- OS Credentials:
- User: oper
- Password: Zimbra2017
- Zimbra Credentials:
- User: admin
- Password: Zimbra2017
How to connect to the Zimbra Content LibraryWe can manage our VMware Content Library directly from the vSphere Web Client Flash, or even the new HTML Client, available starting vSphere 6.5 U1 or with the fling as I've explained multiple times on this Spanish blog post.The first step is to select a name for this Content Library and the vCenter Server:
Hello, everyone, I'm lucky enough to have on my Homelab a QNAP NAS, I wrote in Spanish some articles about how you can integrate QNAP with VMware:
- Configuración de Red e iSCSI para entornos VMware vSphere 6.0
- Configuración de Red y Servicios NFS para entornos VMware vSphere 6.0
How to configure SNMP on a QNAP NASFirst thing before continue is to think if we want to use SNMP v1/v2 or choose SNMP v3, in this particular case, I've chosen SNMP v1/v2 to reduce complexity.Once logged in on the QNAP, you can go to ControlPanel - Network & File Services and click on the SNMP section
Hello everyone, VMware announced the GA of vSphere 6.5 Update 1, the awaited version for some of the people in version 6.0 or for those in 6.5 with some bugs which this version fixes. Here you can find the most relevant links, the Release Notes and the Download Links, followed by a detailed what's new per each product:Release Notes