Greetings, I continue with the series on Veeam and Microsoft Azure, let’s remember the diagram of the introduction where we presented the workflow. What I’m going to show you today, step by step, is the configuration in our Veeam Backup & Replication Server of our datacenter.
Adding the Microsoft Azure repository in our Data Center
The first step of this blog, is to add the Microsoft Azure repository, in our local datacenter, remember that we have configured a new VBR in Microsoft Azure, and that we have inter-connected our datacenter and Azure.
We will go to Backup Repositories – Add Repository
Creating a backup copy job to this new repository
It is time to create a backup copy job, in our local VBR, we will go to jobs, and create one, in the first step we will select the name of the job, as well as the frequency with which to copy, we can reduce the interval to adjust to our RTO:
We will select the object, which in this case can be from the Infrastructure, from a job, or from a backup, I have selected the latter, since in this way I do not penalize my production environment at all:
The schedule on which the task can continue to run, if the line we use to copy to Azure is the same where customers or employees work, we may want to restrict that backup copy jobs can be extended to working hours:
Launching a Backup Copy Job
I would like to show you the statistics from my Homelab, with a line of 100/10, to Microsoft Azure. When launching the Backup copy job, we will see that in Veeam PN, the statistics and graphs of network consumption rise as normal:
- Backup and restore workloads to Microsoft Azure – Introduction
- Backup and restore workloads to Microsoft Azure – Connectivity between our Datacenter and Microsoft Azure
- Backup and restore workloads to Microsoft Azure – Deploy Veeam Backup & Replication in Microsoft Azure
- Backup and restore workloads to Microsoft Azure – Configuration in our Datacenter for backup to Microsoft Azure
- Backup and restore workloads to Microsoft Azure – Restoring Microsoft Azure, from Microsoft Azure
- Backup and restore workloads to Microsoft Azure – Migrate workloads from Microsoft Azure to our Datacenter